Buying a glass pipe is a significant decision for many smokers. These are precious things for them that they want to hold on to for decades. This is one reason why cleaning and maintaining glass pipes is important.
Glass Pipes – Why Do They Require Cleaning And Caring?
If you smoke tobacco, cannabis, or any other herb, it becomes more important to clean your pipe to cut down health risks. Resin can smell and look unpleasant, and its tar compounds, such as carcinogens and carbon, as they continue to burn, impact the health of the smoker negatively.
Regular maintenance of your glass pipe offers a more pleasurable smoking experience. When you take out time to thoroughly clean your pipe, you can maximize its use, as well as feel the positive impact of the smoking experience. So, here are a few useful tips for you to clean your glass pipes.
Here Is What You Should Do...
- Clean your glass pipes at least once a week. Don’t forget that glass pipes are all about the taste—cleaning them will make the experience even better.
- Use cleaning solutions that are safe for you as well as the environment. There are many safe to use cleaning solutions that are made up of components to give you a sparkling result. They may be expensive but then you have a number of options to choose from.
- Use a combination of rubbing alcohol and salt, if you want a home-made solution. Mix a good amount of rubbing alcohol with a little salt and put it into your glass pipe, giving it time to soak. The more dirty your pipe, the more time you must give the pipe to soak the solution. Wait till the alcohol penetrates the resin completely.
- For the best result, use a scrub brush after soaking the pipe into the rubbing alcohol and salt solution. However, make sure that the scrub brush is small enough to reach inside the glass pipe and fully clean out everything. You may even use a cotton swab that is gentle and more commonly found in households.
- Use lemon juice to take off stains and water marks. Soak the pipe into this into a mixture of lemon juice and warm water for around 15 minutes.
Here is what you shouldn’t…
- Don’t use Isopropyl alcohol to clean your glass pipes since it is toxic.
- Don’t experiment with anything you don’t consume directly such as a nail polish remover.
At Bong Outlet, our online headshop, we offer bongs in a variety of designs and sizes available at less than $100. We also offer weed pipes, smoking pipes, and glass pipes for sale.