This Website is only for the use of individuals who are 21 years of age and over. By proceeding to use this Website, you represent that you are 21 years of age or older. The following terms and conditions govern your use of the websites owned by One Trading, operating under the brand name of Bong Outlet. Bong Outlet reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time without prior notice by posting changed Terms and Conditions of Use on Bong Outlet Website, and you are advised to review the website regularly for any changes. These Terms and Conditions of Use were last updated on February 10th 2022. In any event, you agree that by accessing and using our website you are bound by these terms and conditions as may be changed from time to time.
Our pollen press grinders are the perfect way to passively collect pollen as you grind up your weed. With a series of small screens, our pollen press grinders feature a bottom chamber that only the finest, fluffiest pollen can make it through.
You don’t have to do anything to collect this pollen other than grinding your herb as you normally would. Once you’ve ended up with a healthy collection at the bottom of your grinder, the pollen press comes into action. Quickly press your pollen into delicious, smokable kief with a bit of mechanical help from the cleverly engineered press.
WHY USE A POLLEN PRESS?
A pollen press is the quintessential way to make hashish coins, and a perfect way to put a kief collection to good use! Here are some of the key benefits:
- Prevents wastage
- Pellets can last several months when stored correctly
- Pollen presses are easy to use and can produce many pellets or pucks
- More potency in tightly packed pellets
- Presses are robust and last a long time
While there are plenty of benefits to using a pollen press, it can, at first, be a tricky procedure. As with any new craft, there is a bit of a learning curve, so have some patience when undertaking your first batch of hash coins, and you'll no doubt be greatly rewarded.
How to use a pollen press
- First, you must gather your trichomes. There are different ways to achieve this, though arguably the easiest is to remove the bottom piece of your grinder and collect all of the pollen you have in there. Be sure that the trichomes are dry so your hash doesn't develop mold before you've had a chance to use it. If you are in search of more plant material, you can create a basic sieve and use the "dry-sift" technique to render a larger amount of trichomes. This basically involves rubbing cannabis buds on a mesh screen, under which sits a collection vessel. From here, you can follow the same instructions as those using kief from a grinder.
- Assemble your pollen press, and remove one end cap and one pin. Stand the pollen press upright so the open end faces toward you.
- Now, put your pollen into the press. When all of your material has been transferred into the press, you can insert the pin.
- Next, screw the end caps on as tight as you can by hand. Please note that the use of tools such as wrenches can easily dent and damage your pollen press, so use only your hands, but apply maximum pressure. Let the pollen remain in the press for at least 8 hours. For the best results, re-tighten the end caps every hour or so.
- After the waiting is done, you can unscrew the caps and remove the pins. After such a long time in the press, the puck will usually stick to the pins, so remove it carefully. If your pollen press has plastic pins, the hash will not stick as much as it does to metal pins. The puck will have the diameter of around a penny. However, the thickness depends on how much material you use. Typically, the color will be dark yellow to light brown.
- Now you have the options of storing the puck in an airtight container, making some more, or simply smoking it. The choice is yours!